The Master of Science in Accounting program accepts students with a variety of undergraduate backgrounds. Admission to the program is competitive. In considering individual applications, the MS in Accounting program committee considers prior academic work, GMAT scores*, professional experience, personal statement, and the potential for success indicated by three letters of reference. Weaker performance in one area may be offset by particularly strong performance in another area. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and satisfy all general admission requirements of the University’s Graduate School.
Students entering our program during the 2016-17 academic year had an average GMAT of 565 and average GPA of 3.43.
Applications are considered complete and will be reviewed by the MS in Accounting program committee for an admission decision once all of the following documents are received by The Graduate School:
- Completed application and application fee
- Official transcript from an accredited college or university indicating baccalaureate degree
- Official GMAT* or GRE Score
- Personal Statement**
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL (or equivalent) for non-native English speakers
All application documents should be submitted to The Graduate School at:
The Graduate School
The University of North Carolina Greensboro
241 Mossman Building
1202 Spring Garden Street
Greensboro, NC 27412
* GMAT is waived for Beta Gamma Sigma inductees with a 3.25 GPA in accounting; students with a CPA license; students with an approved graduate degree from a program that required an entrance exam; or students accepted into our Accelerated BS to MS Program. See Frequently Asked Questions for further details.
** Personal statement should be approximately 1-2 pages providing background information, reasons the applicant is interested in the program, and how the program will help you reach your career goals.
Fall – July 1 (May 15 for international applicants)
Spring – November 1 (September 15 for international applicants)
Summer – April 15 (February 15 for international applicants)
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about admissions.