We invite your organization to recruit both undergraduate and graduate students for your internship needs. Internships take place during the summer, as well as the fall and spring semesters. Any internship opportunity should add value to your organization, and should be an excellent hands-on learning opportunity for our students.
Benefits of Providing an Internship Opportunity:
- Internship projects add economic value to your organization
- Increased effectiveness of current employees through focusing on key priorities
- A fresh perspective to look at and solve an organizational problem
- Enhanced recruiting of new talent into your organization
- Increased brand equity of your organization among our students
- Future partnership opportunities with the Bryan School and UNCG
Example Internship Projects:
Competitive analysis, market research into new opportunities, business plan development, financial analysis and modeling, supply chain analysis and inventory management, human resource planning and development, project management, software development, web development and systems analysis.
Suggested Recruiting Calendar for Interns:
Intern is Needed
|Post Internship on SpartanCareers||Posting Duration|
(late August-early December)
|Between April & July||8-10 weeks|
(mid/late January-early May)
|Between September & October||8-10 weeks|
(late May-early August)
|Between January & February
(some employers post summer internships as early as September)
To post your internships on SpartanCareers, click here.
We understand that employers have immediate internship/project needs that come up that do not fit with the above schedule. Please post your internship opportunities as soon as possible, and contact our office to further discuss your internship needs if you have questions or concerns about recruiting interns. We will do our best to help you identify candidates who would be a good fit for your organization.
As part of your recruiting strategy, we recommend that employers participate in various networking functions, Company Spotlight sessions, mock interviews, and other career related events throughout the year to build brand awareness of your organization and make connections with students who could be great interns for your organization!
Selecting a Candidate:
Upon receiving applications from interested candidates, employers should:
- Contact candidates of interest to arrange phone and/or in-person interviews
- Contact references of candidates once interviews are completed
- Make an offer to selected candidate(s) – discuss expectations and internship pay
- Request that selected candidate(s) accept/reject the internship offer within a reasonable time frame
- Contact our office to let us know who has been hired
- Close your internship posting on SpartanCareers
Internship Program Questions:
Click here for more information on recruiting Bryan School undergraduate and/or graduate students for internships.
If your organization is currently offering unpaid internships, please review the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fact Sheet (from April 2010) regarding paid/unpaid internships: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act. For updated information on this topic, please click here.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your unpaid internship, please contact our office. Please note that our office recommends offering paid internships to students to increase the number of applications.
For more information, please contact our office at BryanCareers@uncg.edu (336) 334-4159.