Bryan School Graduation and Awards Information
1921 West Gate City Blvd.,
Greensboro, NC 27403
Friday, May 5, 2023
TO DO LIST FOR GRADUATING SENIORS AND GRADUATE STUDENTS
- Apply to graduate for Spring 2023 graduation. The undergraduate application is open now and closes on March 3, 2023. The Graduate application closed on January 16, 2023. Graduate and Undergraduate students completing degree requirements during Summer 2023 will need to apply by April 1, 2023 to have their name appear in The Bryan School Graduation and Awards Program. If you have not already done so, apply to graduate.
- RSVP! Inform The Bryan School whether you plan to attend the Bryan School Graduation and Awards ceremony at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 5, 2023. All students who plan to participate in the ceremony MUST RSVP, see link below.
- Purchase Regalia Undergraduate and Graduate regalia purchases may be made online here or at the Bookstore, located in the Elliot University Center, no later than April 11th. Students who are eligible to graduate with honors according to the guidelines in the Undergraduate Catalog may pick up honors cords in the Bookstore around the middle of April. The Bookstore will have a list of students eligible for honors cords. The honors designation is tentative until final grades are recorded. If you have questions regarding regalia, contact the Bookstore at 336-334-5563.
WHAT TO DO AND EXPECT During the Bryan School graduation and awards ceremony
The ceremony will begin with a processional of all participants, followed by greetings and speeches from the Dean, The Bryan School Alumni President, presentation of student awards, recognition of graduates as names are called, and the recessional. The ceremony is expected to last about 2 hours.
- Arrive to the Special Events Center no later than 1:30 p.m. for check-in and lineup (expect heavy traffic). Click here for a map of your assembly area and entrance.
- Our ceremony will follow the University’s Commencement Program for Undergraduate Students. These are two separate events that you can choose to participate in if interested.
- There is NO rehearsal.
- No guest tickets or parking passes are required.
- All students will be required to go through a metal detector before entering the lineup area. Please take note of the Coliseum Complex bag policy and full list of prohibited items here.
- Large golf or non-telescopic umbrellas are prohibited from entering the Coliseum Complex.
- Programs will be provided to guest as they enter the Coliseum for our ceremony. Names of the December 2022 graduates, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023 graduation candidates who applied for graduation by April 1, 2023 will be included in the program.
- All student names will be called, and students will walk across the stage to be recognized.
- The processional begins promptly at 3:00 p.m.
Tips for an Enjoyable Experience
- Please note: Students will stand in the lineup space prior to processing into the Coliseum. Shoes that you feel comfortable in for standing on a concrete floor and walking across the stage are recommended.
- If you, a friend, or family member has restricted mobility or is deaf or hard of hearing, we have information listed below. We ask that you submit requests for accommodations in your RSVP form. All requests will be reviewed by event organizers, and reasonable accommodations will be made.
Please note that participation in the ceremony does not presume graduation from the university. Degrees are conferred only after all academic requirements are met and the Board of Trustees has taken official action. We congratulate you on your accomplishments and look forward to seeing you at the ceremony.
- Parking is free and no passes are required for students or guests.
- Expect heavy traffic on the day of ceremony, the University will be having the University Commencement Ceremony prior to our event.
- ADA drop off points are indicated on the Coliseum parking map here.
- The Bryan School Graduation and Awards Ceremony is both a joyful as well as dignified event. We ask that you express your excitement in ways that will not prevent others from hearing the speakers and enjoying the ceremony. Any distracting noisemakers, such as air horns, are prohibited and will be confiscated by Coliseum security.
- Guests will be required to enter the Coliseum through a metal detector. Click here to view a full list of prohibited items and the Coliseum bag policy.
- We will follow University and UNC System COVID-19 protocols that are in place at the time of the ceremony. Closer to the date, please visit the Shield our Spartans for the current protocols.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the Coliseum during our ceremony. Security officers will be present to seize any alcohol and to prohibit from marching any who may have already consumed alcohol.
- Security and emergency medical personnel will be available to provide a safe environment for all commencement participants and guests.
- All electronic devices should be turned off to help ensure that all guests can hear and enjoy the ceremony.
- Tickets and parking passes are not required for guests attending the event on Friday, May 5th.
- The Bryan School Graduation and Awards Ceremony will begin promptly at 3:00 p.m. and is expected to last approximately 2 hours.
INFORMATION FOR RESTRICTED MOBILITY AND HEARING IMPAIRED
The Greensboro Coliseum is adequately equipped with seating to accommodate guests in wheelchairs. When guests arrive at the Coliseum, they should proceed to one of the following restricted mobility seating area sections: 106, 112, 116, 118, 124, or 128 (see map). Guests with restricted mobility should enter the Coliseum from the ground floor of the East Wing of the Special Events Center (see map). ADA drop-off locations are located in front of the ACC Hall of Champions and in front of the Special Events Center (see map). The elevator will be clearly marked. Contact the Guest Services Manager of the Greensboro Coliseum, 336.373.7461, for more information.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Reserved seating for guests who read American Sign Language will be available in section 127; email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve seats in this section by Tuesday, May 2, 2023.
The Coliseum offers Assistive Listening Devices—for those who are hard of hearing but do not read sign language—which work in any area of the Arena. Upon arrival, go to the Guest Services booth on the Concourse at Section 103 to secure an ALD. Guests should be prepared to leave a North Carolina Driver’s License or other form of ID, which will be returned when the device is returned.
For more information about the Greensboro Coliseum Complex and the ADA standards in place, please visit their website here.
REMINDER FROM THE OFFICE OF SUSTAINABILITY
Congratulations, Spartans! When you celebrate your achievements this year and take pictures with your friends and family so you can cherish this moment forever, remember glitter is litter (#GlitterIsLitter) and will remain in the environment forever, too. Please help keep our beautiful award-winning campus clean. Instead of using glitter, confetti, streamers, or balloons in your pictures, we recommend using bubbles or the filters on your phone. Learn more about UNCG’s zero-waste efforts.
RSVP for The Bryan Graduation and Awards Ceremony
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR AUGUST GRADUATES: In order for your name to be printed in the Bryan School Graduation and Awards Ceremony Program you will have had to apply for August graduation before Saturday, April 1, 2023. Application for August Graduate Students is open now and Undergraduate Students Application will open on March 6, 2023. Instructions on how to apply for graduation can be found here.