Become a Excel Certified Microsoft Office® Specialist
Open to Bryan School students, we are offering required exam for students to take to become an Excel Certified Microsoft Office® Specialist. This certification supports your competitive advantage as a student beginning your job search. Being certified by this exam helps students stand out to employers by providing proof of their competence with excel.
Each sitting of the exam will be able to accommodate 24-40 students.
We have reserved computer labs for test taking on the following dates*
- Thursday, September 12, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
- Thursday, September 26, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
- Thursday, October 10, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
- Thursday, October 24, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
- Thursday, November 7, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
- Thursday, November 14, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
- Friday, November 15, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
- Thursday, November 21, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
- Friday, November 22, 2019, 8:15 am, Bryan 211
* This certification exam scheduled times and dates are subject to change. Students passing the qualifying exams may reserve space only for the first upcoming exam where space is available. Future scheduled time/dates are for information purposes only. Students enrolled in Bryan School programs (degree-seeking and certificate) or in Bryan School classes that use Excel for credit are eligible to take the certification exam through the Bryan School’s licensing arrangement.
Please plan to arrive 30 minutes early and bring your driver’s license or an alternative form of identification. The classroom door closes 10-minutes before the exam and no one will be admitted after the door is closed.
Prior to taking the certification exam, all students are required to achieve a score of 80 or higher on a minimum of one qualifying exam taken through G’metrix. A separate access code will be provided to you once you feel you are ready. This access code will allow 3 attempts and you must receive an 80 on at least one of the attempts. All the attempts must be completed in testing mode on a practice exam, not on training.
To receive this code please email Josh Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject Final Code. Once you have passed a qualifying exam please email Josh Moore so that you are officially on the list to take the certification exam at the next available time and date. You will receive a reply email with detailed instructions.
Microsoft’s website provides a complete list of topics as well as additional information about the exam.
Microsoft offers MOS 2016 guide books to provide additional assistance on exams. These are an optional resource and cost about $22.99.
Have a question?
If you encounter any difficulty installing the G’Metrix software please contact email@example.com. Please email Professor Josh Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the practice exams.