The Bryan School Instructional Technology Consultant (ITC) team is responsible for assisting faculty and staff in the assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of face-to-face, blended, and online teaching strategies.
We are committed to:
- Providing timely technical assistance for faculty and staff.
- Providing Canvas, WebEx, Google Apps, and other software support.
- Providing technology-related professional development for faculty and staff.
- Providing expert advice and instructional design services to faculty using technology in their teaching.
- Researching emerging technologies and aligning pedagogy to make recommendations on future technology use and adoption.
To access the Bryan Faculty and Staff Canvas Organization, you will need to be logged in to Canvas. Click on this link to join the Faculty Resources Organization.
This semester we will be offering the following professional development mini-courses:
Fall 2020 Workshops:
Which events would you like to attend? After reviewing the following list, you must complete the form on the top right of the screen to register. Once you register, you will receive a calendar invite with the link to the session(s) for which you registered.
- Introduction to Canvas Studio: 09/09 @ 2:00 PM Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
- Screencasting in Studio: 9/17 @ 9 AM, Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
- Studio Editing Tools and Creating Quizzes – 09/28 @ 3 PM Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
- Introduction to Panopto in Canvas 10/08 @ 10 AM, Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
- Basics of Online Course Design in Canvas 10/16 @ 10 AM Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
- Embedding Quizzes in Panopto in Canvas 10/21 @3 PM Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
- Polling Tool in Zoom – 10/27 @ 2 PM, Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
- Breakout Rooms in Zoom – 11/03 @ 10 AM, Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
- Creating Exams in Respondus Lockdown Browser/Monitor – 11/09 2 PM, Via Zoom (link will be sent to registrants)
Please select all the events you plan to attend. By enrolling in the workshops, we are able to plan for accommodation needs. Thank you.
To register for any of these courses, please sign up on the right.
The ITCs are developing a Faculty Resources organization for the Bryan School faculty in Canvas. All Bryan School faculty and staff are eligible to self-enroll. The organization provides faculty and staff with an introduction and overview of supported instructional technologies and aligning pedagogies. Supported technologies include Box, Camtasia Studio, Canvas, Class Climate, Google Apps, iClicker, ProctorU, Qualtrics, and WebEx.
Supported pedagogical strategies include the flipped classroom, the promising syllabus, the Quality Matters rubric, active learning strategies, classroom assessment techniques, team-based and project-based learning, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and Understanding by Design (UbD).
The Bryan School ITCs are available for one-on-one and small group consultations on a variety of instructional technologies and pedagogical strategies. While each ITC is assigned to a department, the ITCs work together collaboratively to support the entire school and you are welcome to seek assistance from either ITC. To schedule an appointment, send us an email.
ITCs provide consultations for the following products: Box, Camtasia Studio, Canvas, Class Climate, MediaSite, ProctorU, Quality Matters, Qualtrics, Respondus, Turnitin, Understanding by Design, WebEx, Turnitin, Google Apps and other products upon request.