The Bryan School Instructional Technology Consultant (ITC) team is responsible for assisting faculty and staff in the assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of blended and online teaching strategies.
We are committed to:
- Providing timely technical assistance for faculty and staff.
- Providing Canvas, WebEx, Google Apps and other software support.
- Providing technology-related professional development for faculty and staff.
- Providing expert advice and instructional design services to faculty using technology in their teaching.
- Researching emerging technologies and aligning pedagogy to make recommendations on future technology use and adoption.
To access the Bryan Faculty and Staff Canvas Organization, you will need to be logged in to Canvas.
The ITCs are developing a Faculty Resources organization for Bryan School faculty in Canvas. All Bryan School faculty and staff are eligible to self-enroll. The organization provides faculty and staff with an introduction and overview of supported instructional technologies and aligning pedagogies. Supported technologies include Box, Camtasia Studio, Canvas, Class Climate, Google Apps, iClicker, ProctorU, Qualtrics, and WebEx.
Supported pedagogical strategies include the flipped classroom, the promising syllabus, the Quality Matters rubric, active learning strategies, classroom assessment techniques, team-based and project based learning, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and Understanding by Design (UbD).
The Bryan School ITCs are available for one-on-one and small group consultations on a variety of instructional technologies and pedagogical strategies. While each ITC is assigned to a department, the ITCs work together collaboratively to support the entire school and you are welcome to seek assistance from either ITC. To schedule an appointment, send us an email.
ITCs provide consultations for the following products: Box, Camtasia Studio, Canvas, Class Climate, MediaSite, ProctorU, Quality Matters, Qualtrics, Respondus, Turnitin, Understanding by Design, WebEx, Turnitin, Google Apps and other products upon request.