We will host an online orientation for new enrolled students of the MS in International Business Program. This online orientation serves to provide you with the opportunity to meet with the Program Director, ask questions, and give you more details about courses and expectations. Orientation is hosted through WebEx. Complete details, along with RSVP information, will be included in your admission packet.
New Graduate Students:
Advising for new MSIB students is open during the Fall Semester. Please call the office at 336-334-5390 to schedule an appointment with your advisor to finalize your course schedule and get an advising code for registration.
First day of class:
There is usually an assignment in preparation for the first session of each class. Always check the syllabus of your course to be sure to be prepared.
Continuing Graduate Students:
Starfish: For continuing students, please schedule an advising appointment through Starfish. Follow the instructions below:
- Log in to Canvas using your username and password.
- Click “Account” on the left sidebar.
- Click “Profile” in the Account menu.
- Click on the “Starfish” option located near the bottom of the menu.
- Look for your advisor’s name in your “My Success Network” on the Home page.
- Click on the link by their name that says “Schedule Appointment”.
- Scroll through the calendar to find an available time.
- Click on the green + to sign up for the appointment slot.
- Fill out the requested information and click “Submit” to save the appointment.
For a brief description of courses offered in the UNCG MSIB Program, please view The Graduate School Bulletin.Click here for more details about advising
Graduate Career Services
As a Bryan School Student, you have access to many people ready to help you develop your professional self. Megan Parker, Manager of Career and Professional Development for the Bryan School, focuses on the specific needs and professional goals of graduate students. Megan is here specifically to aid Bryan School Students with professional development, mock interviews, refining resumes, internship searches and career coaching. Contact Megan at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
UNCG Students also have access to the career coaches at UNCG’s Career Services. These coaches can assist you with career basics such as composing strong resumes and cover letters, conducting practice interviews, and how to build a professional network. Going above and beyond, career coaches can also provide guidance related to career exploration, leveraging your current position, offer negotiation, networking, and more.
Click here to make an appointment to speak with one of UNCG’s career coaches!
Be sure to check out the schedule of events for the Bryan School’s Company Spotlights Series! Another great career resource to Bryan Students, these events are streamed online and are an excellent way to learn about organizations and available career or internship openings.
Useful Resources for Online Students
To find information regarding the following:
- Technology requirements for online students
- Using Canvas and WebEx for coursework
- Online Library Resources
- How to create professional presentations
- Online Writing Center and Speaking Center Support
Click the button below!Learn More About Available Resources
Ready to Learn
RESOURCES FOR ONLINE STUDENT PREPARATION AND SUCCESS
Ready to Learn is a rich resource for Online Students that focuses on three main areas of student preparation and success:
- Technology: Learn what kind of computer, internet capabilities and computing skills you need to be most successful in your online courses.
- Classroom: Understand what it’s like to work in UNCG’s online classroom through Canvas and WebEx, and how to complete online course assignments. Take the Canvas Student Tour to get a feel what it’s like to work in this online platform, and be sure to check out WebEx as a useful means of holding meetings with groups outside of class.
- Lifestyle: Know your ideal learning conditions, what motivates you as a student and understand your time management abilities in order to incorporate coursework and class into your life.
The Multi-Country Business Student Collaboration Project
Launched by UNCG’s own Professor Vas Taras, X-Culture is an amazing opportunity for students to take their international business education to the next level.
Every semester, thousands of students and professionals from over 40 countries take part in the X-Culture competition. Through X-Culture, students of International Business and related fields from around the world are put into Global Virtual Teams to work on business projects presented by corporate partners. For a semester, these teams work together on their project, experiencing the challenges and learning the best practices of international collaboration.