Develop state-of-the-art knowledge and skills in business analytics.
Designed for professionals from all industries.
This certificate is designed for professionals from all industries, functional areas of business, and academic backgrounds who are interested in advancing their understanding of the field analytics and its application in the business environment.
This certificate is open to professionals with a bachelor’s degree and some background in either IT or management.
This online program offers flexibility and can be completed in only two semesters of part-time study.
Courses are entirely asynchronous, can be accessed at any time, and have been vetted for relevance by Economics, Computer Science, and Information Studies departments.
The business analytics curriculum is co-sponsored by SAS. Students benefit from access to SAS products and materials through Teradata University Network.
Students have the opportunity to benefit from our experienced and knowledgeable faculty.
Optional electives are available for three additional credits.
Be sure to submit your application by the following deadlines.
- Fall Admission
- June 15th
- Spring Admission
- November 15th
- Summer Admission
- April 1st
- Official transcript confirming a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Statement of purpose highlighting career and educational goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Completed Graduate School application and $65 application fee
Tuition & Fees
For information on tuition and fees, go to UNCG Online website. Be sure to scroll down for information on in-state, out-of-state, and military tuition rates. Please note: online students will not be assessed an orientation fee. However, the Bryan School assess a differential tuition fee for its graduate programs. The differential tuition averages $200 per credit hour.Gainful Employment Required Disclosure Information
REQUIRED COURSES (3 CREDIT HOURS EACH)
- ISM-645: Principles of Predictive Analytics
- ISM-646: Visualizing Data to Design Strategy
- ISM-647: Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence Applications for Business
ELECTIVE COURSES (3 CREDIT HOURS EACH)
Three credit hours from the following or other approved courses. Please note, these courses must be taken online.
- ISM-665: Principles of Cyber Security
- ISM-666: Blockchains and Cryptography
- ISM-667: Global Cyber Threat Analysis
- ISM-670: IT Disruptive Innovation Management
- ISM-671: Organizing Data for Analytics
- ISM-672: App Design and Programming
- ISM-673: Designing Secure Computer and IoT Networks for Business
- ISM-677: Information Systems Management
- ISM-678: Project Management for Dynamic Environments
- SCM-650: Principles of Supply Chain Management
- SCM-651: Analytics for Logistics and Distribution Management
- SCM-652: Strategic Cost, Procurement, and Supply Chain Finance