Develop state-of-the-art knowledge and skills in business analytics.
Designed for professionals from all industries.
This certificate is designed for professionals from all industries, functional areas of business, and academic backgrounds who are interested in advancing their understanding of the field analytics and its application in the business environment.
This certificate is open to professionals with a bachelor’s degree and some background in either IT or management.
This online program offers flexibility and can be completed in only two semesters of part-time study.
Courses are entirely asynchronous, can be accessed at any time, and have been vetted for relevance by Economics, Computer Science, and Information Studies departments.
The business analytics curriculum is co-sponsored by SAS. Students benefit from access to SAS products and materials through Teradata University Network.
Students have the opportunity to benefit from our experienced and knowledgeable faculty.
Optional electives are available for three additional credits.
Be sure to submit your application by the following deadlines.
- Fall Admission
- June 15th
- Spring Admission
- November 15th
- Summer Admission
- April 1st
What You’ll Learn
Business analytics encompasses the knowledge, skills, and tools which enable information to be collected, managed, used, and shared to support the delivery of all aspects of business operations. Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared for the challenge of developing and managing an information system within an organization.Gainful Employment Required Disclosure Information
- Official transcript confirming a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Statement of purpose highlighting career and educational goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Completed Graduate School application and $65 application fee
- ISM-645: Principles of Predictive Analytics (3 credit hours)
- ISM-646: Visualizing Data to Design Strategy (3 credit hours)
- ISM-647: Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence Applications for Business (3 credit hours)
Three credit hours from the following or other approved courses. Please note, these courses must be taken online.
- ISM-665: Principles of Cyber Security (3 credit hours)
- ISM-666: Blockchains and Cryptography (3 credit hours)
- ISM-667: Global Cyber Threat Analysis (3 credit hours)
- ISM-670: IT Disruptive Innovation Management (3 credit hours)
- ISM-671: Organizing Data for Analytics (3 credit hours)
- ISM-672: App Design and Programming (3 credit hours)
- ISM-673: Designing Secure Computer and IoT Networks for Business (3 credit hours)
- ISM-677: Information Systems Management (3 credit hours)
- ISM-678: Project Management for Dynamic Environments (3 credit hours)
- SCM-650: Principles of Supply Chain Management (3 credit hours)
- SCM-651: Analytics for Logistics and Distribution Management (3 credit hours)
- SCM-652: Strategic Cost, Procurement, and Supply Chain Finance (3 credit hours)