Build In-Demand Data Protection Skills
As advances in information technology have made it easier to collect, store, process, and generate data at a staggering rate, concerns over the security of what is collected and the potential for security breaches and personal violations have also increased substantially.
This certificate meets the demand of organizations and government agencies for employees skilled in information security and privacy. It provides a theoretical foundation and practical understanding of the information security and privacy environment. During this program, you will be immersed in the latest thinking and best practices on all aspects of information security and privacy technologies, tools, methodologies, and management. Professionals with a bachelor’s in any undergraduate academic discipline may apply.
Request More Information
- Official transcript confirming a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree for the Post-Graduate Certificate) from an accredited college or university
- TOEFL scores, taken within last 2 years (for international applicants)
- Statement of purpose highlighting career and educational goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Completed Graduate School application and $65 application fee
Be sure to submit your application by the following deadlines.
- Fall Admission
- June 15
- Spring Admission
- November 15 (Spring 2021 deadline extended to December 1)
- Summer Admission
- April 1 (limited)
Tuition and Fees
For information on tuition and fees, go to UNCG Online website. Be sure to scroll down for information on in-state, out-of-state, and military tuition rates. Please note: online students will not be assessed an orientation fee. However, the Bryan School assess a differential tuition fee for its graduate programs. The differential tuition averages $200 per credit hour.Gainful Employment Required Disclosure Information
Required Courses (3 credit hours each)
- ISM-665: Principles of Cyber Security
- ISM-666: Blockchains and Cryptography
- ISM-667: Global Cyber Threat Analysis
Elective Courses (3 credit hours each)
You may choose from the following or other approved courses.
- ISM-645: Principles of Predictive Analytics
- ISM-646: Visualizing Data to Design Strategy
- ISM-647: Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence
- ISM-670: IT Disruptive Innovation Management
- ISM-671: Organizing Data for Analytics
- ISM-672: App Design and Programming
- ISM-673: Designing Secure Computer and IoT Networks for Business
- ISM-677: Information Systems Management
- ISM-678: Project Management for Dynamic Environments
- SCM-650: Principles of Supply Chain Management
- SCM-651: Analytics for Logistics and Distribution Management
- SCM-652: Strategic Cost, Procurement, and Supply Chain Finance
If you still have questions regarding our Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.