Future-proof your resume
As advances in information technology have made it easier to collect, store, process, and generate data at a staggering rate, concerns over the security of what is collected and the potential for security breaches and personal violations have also increased substantially.
This certificate meets the demand of organizations and government agencies for employees skilled in information security and privacy. It provides a theoretical foundation and practical understanding of the information security and privacy environment. During this program, you will be immersed in the latest thinking and best practices on all aspects of information security and privacy technologies, tools, methodologies, and management. Professionals with a bachelor’s in any undergraduate academic discipline may apply.
Request More Information
Required Courses (3 credit hours each)
- ISM-665: Principles of Cyber Security
- ISM-666: Blockchains and Cryptography
- ISM-667: Global Cyber Threat Analysis
Elective Courses (3 credit hours each)
You may choose from the following or other approved courses.
- ISM-645: Principles of Predictive Analytics
- ISM-646: Visualizing Data to Design Strategy
- ISM-647: Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence
- ISM-670: IT Disruptive Innovation Management
- ISM-671: Organizing Data for Analytics
- ISM-672: App Design and Programming
- ISM-673: Designing Secure Computer and IoT Networks for Business
- ISM-677: Information Systems Management
- ISM-678: Project Management for Dynamic Environments
- SCM-650: Principles of Supply Chain Management
- SCM-651: Analytics for Logistics and Distribution Management
- SCM-652: Strategic Cost, Procurement, and Supply Chain Finance
Tuition & Fees
These estimated program costs include tuition and fees based on the 2021-2022 Graduate Tuition and Fee Schedule and do not include the cost of textbooks or student health insurance. Visit csh.uncg.edu for more detailed information. Tuition and fees vary depending on the program track pursued and the number of credit hours taken each semester.
|Estimated Program Cost||Per Credit Hour|
|Assumes 12 credit hours of part-time study for 1 year.|
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) from an accredited institution
- One official transcript from all previous academic institutions
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Online application and $65 fee
- TOEFL/IELTS for non-native English speakers
Need some help? Download the Bryan School Application Guide.
International students should reference the Graduate School’s International Application Guide for transcript and language proficiency details.
Be sure to submit your application by the following deadlines.
- Fall Admission
- June 15
- Spring Admission
- November 15
- Summer Admission
- April 1 (limited)
If you still have questions regarding our Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.