The graduate certificate in taxation provides an in-depth study of accounting taxation for professionals with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. The program consists of 12 credit hours and can be completed online or on campus.
The graduate certificate in taxation is a perfect fit for accounting professionals seeking to build new skills or those in need of additional credit hours to qualify to sit for the CPA exam. Increase your expertise in this high-demand specialty.
Online programs offer the flexibility to complete your studies while working full time. Study when your schedule allows.
Request More Information
Required Course (3 Credit Hours)
- ACC 651 Introduction to Business Entity Taxation1
Elective Tax and Regulation Courses (9 Credit Hours)
Select three courses from the following:2
- ACC 652 Taxation of Estates, Gifts and Trusts
- ACC 655 Taxation of Corporations and Shareholders
- ACC 656 Taxation of Flow-Through Business Entities
- ACC 688 Advanced Business Law
1 ACC 602-Federal Tax Concepts may be required for students that have not previously completed an equivalent course.
2 ACC 613-Directed Studies in Accounting may be taken as an elective course when appropriate and if approved by the MSA Program Director and course instructor.
Tuition & Fees
These estimated program costs include tuition and fees based on the 2021-2022 Graduate Tuition and Fee Schedule and do not include the cost of textbooks or student health insurance. Visit csh.uncg.edu for more detailed information. Tuition and fees vary depending on the program track pursued and the number of credit hours taken each semester.
(with Online Options)
|Per Credit Hour||Estimated
|Per Credit Hour|
|Assumes 12 credit hours of part-time study for 1 year.|
- Fall Admission
- June 15
- Spring Admission
- November 15
- Summer Admission
- April 1
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with GPA of 3.0 or higher
- One official transcript from all previous academic institutions
- Statement of purpose highlighting career and educational goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Online application and $65 fee
If you still have questions regarding our Taxation Graduate Certificate please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.