Experience a global education without leaving home
As a student in our innovative MS in International Business program, you are immersed in an interactive dialogue with a diverse group of students and faculty in a global online classroom. Working in multicultural teams, you learn all facets of international business and solve real-world business challenges.
In today’s complex global environment, effective business leaders need to be problem solvers, prepared to engage across borders and time zones. With our MS in International Business, you are ready to take on the world.
Request More Information
What makes us unique:
- This program has been designed from the ground up, tailored to individuals specifically seeking careers and advancement in international
- While many universities offer an MBA, the Bryan School’s MS in international business is the only program in North Carolina and throughout this region solely focused on an international business education.
- Our online program provides you the flexibility to stay in your current location and job while gaining a truly internationally-focused education.
- You have the physical presence and resources of a leading university to support your studies. Come to campus to meet with professors or fellow students.
- We live what we teach, knowing that excellence and diversity are critical in today’s world. Our professors are leading experts in their discipline and most have experience working or living internationally —providing you with diverse cultural backgrounds, experience, and teaching styles.
- You can tailor the program to your needs: attend full time and complete the degree in just one year or study part time and finish your degree in two years.
- You engage in experiential international learning opportunities including X-Culture.
Mission and learning goals
The mission of the MS in International Business program is to produce world-class leaders and managers who can ensure effective organizational performance in an interconnected world.
With this mission in mind, the following are the learning objectives of the program:
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of the global environment such as different cultural, economic, political, and institutional settings;
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between the businesses and the global environment;
- Develop principled leaders with a global mindset;
- Develop the ability to create new, or transform established, businesses in innovative ways to thrive in the complex dynamic global environment;
You will achieve these learning objectives by working with your peers in global teams to solve real-world business problems and projects.
Our Program Director
“Our mantra is that we are preparing students to be problem solvers in an international business process. This is a very results-oriented program in which we teach students the full scale of skills they need to solve problems in the real world. Students not only learn but also have opportunities to discover answers through research and through hands-on management.”
– Vas Taras, Ph.D., program director, MS in International Business
The Bryan School has been offering leading-edge graduate business education for more than forty years.
Our programs have long had a global focus and our faculty and students have always come from diverse backgrounds. This program will take advantage of that experience, the global expertise or our faculty, a diverse set of students, and advances in technology to overcome the constraints of time and place that often inhibit global education. Our online program provides the flexibility to stay in your current location and obtain a truly global education.
Go full-time and complete the degree in one year or study part-time and complete the degree in two years.
What Our Graduates Say
Amy Vann (MS '19)
“Having a better understanding of different people and cultures—which I gained from focusing on organizational behavior and culture in the master’s program—has helped me build a culturally diverse and accepting atmosphere in our company.”
Craig Thornburg (MS ’19)
“The master’s program focuses on the international aspects of business including: the variety of work cultures in different countries; how people around the world communicate; and how other countries and cultures approach business.”
Benefits for Military-Affiliated Students
UNCG has been named both Best for Vets and a Military Friendly School. We’re a Yellow Ribbon Program participant, and are proud to offer a variety of benefits for veterans, active-duty military, and military-affiliated students, such as:
- Online application fee waiver for active-duty service members
- In-state tuition for out-of-state students (in accordance with the Veterans Choice Act)
- Credit for relevant military service/training
- Tutoring assistance
For more information on UNCG Military-Affiliated services and benefits, visit veterans.uncg.edu.
If you still have questions regarding our MS in International Business program please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.