What Makes Us Unique
- As a student in our innovative MS in International Business program, you are immersed in an interactive dialogue with a diverse group of students and faculty in a global online classroom. Working in multicultural teams, you learn all facets of international business and solve real-world business challenges.
- This 30-credit-hour online program has been designed from the ground up and tailored to individuals specifically seeking careers and advancement in today’s complex global environment, where effective business leaders need to be problem solvers and prepared to engage across borders and time zones.
- While many universities offer an MBA, the Bryan School’s MS in International Business is the only program in North Carolina and throughout this region solely focused on international business education.
- Students have the physical presence and resources of a leading university to support their studies. Come to campus to meet with professors or classmates!
- We live what we teach, knowing that excellence and diversity are critical in today’s world. Our professors are leading experts in their discipline and most have experience working or living internationally — providing you with diverse cultural backgrounds, experience, and teaching styles.
- Students engage in experiential international learning opportunities such as X-Culture.
Request More Information
Customize Your Graduate Experience
- This 30-credit-hour online program provides you the flexibility to stay in your current location and job while gaining a truly internationally-focused education.
- Attend full-time and complete the degree in just one year or study part-time and finish your degree in two years.
- Students may also pursue the Human Resources concentration, designed for those interested in human resource management and taking the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification examinations. The Human Resources concentration will cover important courses in human resource management that will allow students to prepare for the SHRM certification.
Mission and Learning Goals
The mission of the MS in International Business program is to produce world-class leaders and managers who can ensure effective organizational performance in an interconnected world.
With this mission in mind, the following are the learning objectives of the program:
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of the global environment such as different cultural, economic, political, and institutional settings
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between businesses and the global environment;
- Develop principled leaders with a global mindset
- Develop the ability to create new, or transform established, businesses in innovative ways to thrive in the complex dynamic global environment
About Our Program
“Our mantra is that we are preparing students to be problem solvers in an international business process. This is a very results-oriented program in which we teach students the full scale of skills they need to solve problems in the real world. Students not only learn but also have opportunities to discover answers through research and through hands-on management.”
– Dr. Vasyl Taras, Professor
The Bryan School has been offering cutting-edge graduate business education for more than 40 years.
Our programs have long had a global focus and our faculty and students have always come from diverse backgrounds. This program will take advantage of that experience, the global expertise of our faculty, a diverse set of students, and advances in technology to overcome the constraints of time and place that often inhibit global education.
Fall 2022 Class Profile
Years Average Time to
What Our Graduates Say
Amy Vann (MS '19)
“Having a better understanding of different people and cultures—which I gained from focusing on organizational behavior and culture in the master’s program—has helped me build a culturally diverse and accepting atmosphere in our company.”
Craig Thornburg (MS ’19)
“The master’s program focuses on the international aspects of business including: the variety of work cultures in different countries; how people around the world communicate; and how other countries and cultures approach business.”
Benefits for Military-Affiliated Students
UNCG has been named both Best for Vets and a Military Friendly School. We’re a Yellow Ribbon Program participant, and are proud to offer a variety of benefits for veterans, active-duty military, and military-affiliated students, such as:
- Online application fee waiver for active-duty service members
- In-state tuition for out-of-state students (in accordance with the Veterans Choice Act)
- Credit for relevant military service/training
- Tutoring assistance
For more information on UNCG Military-Affiliated services and benefits, visit military.uncg.edu.
If you still have questions regarding our MS in International Business program please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.