Applications are accepted at any time during the year and admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and satisfy all general admission requirements of the UNCG’s Graduate School. Applicants completing their undergraduate degrees may apply for admission in their senior year.
Be sure to submit and complete your application in full before the deadline.
- Fall Semester: March 1 (Priority Deadline), June 15 (Final Deadline
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer Semester: March 1 (Priority Deadline), April 1 (Final Deadline)
Request More Information
Applications are considered complete and will be reviewed by the program committee for an admission decision once all of the following documents are received by The Graduate School:
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) from an accredited institution
- One official transcript from all previous academic institutions
- GMAT or GRE score* (see details on waivers below)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Online application and $65 fee
- TOEFL/IELTS for non-native English speakers
Please note – weaker performance in one area may be offset by particularly strong performance in another area. Students entering our program during the 2019-20 academic year had an average GMAT of 525 and average GPA of 3.52.
Need some help? Download the Bryan School Application Guide.
International students should reference the Graduate School’s Application Guide for transcript and language proficiency details.
To request an entrance exam waiver for the MS in Accounting program, complete the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form.
*Waivers may be available for applicants who have:
- UNCG undergraduate degree with cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher earned within the past five years. An accounting undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher will also be considered (only ACC courses are considered in calculating the accounting GPA).
- At least five years of significant progressive professional work experience (may include military service)
AND an undergraduate degree* with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher out of 4.0.
- Undergraduate degree earned at another institution within the past 5 years with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher out of 4.0
AND the school must be recommended by accounting faculty or staff and approved by the M.S. in Accounting Committee.
- Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS).
- A professional certification (e.g., CPA).
- An advanced degree* (MA, MSc, etc.) which required an entrance exam such as GMAT with a minimum GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0, and a minimum of five years relevant professional work experience.
- Successfully completed a graduate certificate within the Accounting program (effective Fall 2021).
*Students must have earned their degree from an institution accredited by one of the following agencies.
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
If you are unsure if your school meets the accreditation requirement, please contact a graduate recruiter.
If you still have questions regarding our MS in Accounting Program please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.