Applications are accepted at any time during the year and admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and satisfy all general admission requirements of the UNCG’s Graduate School. Applicants completing their undergraduate degrees may apply for admission in their senior year.
Be sure to submit and complete your application in full before the deadline.
- Fall Semester: June 15 (May 15 for international applicants)
- Spring Semester: November 15 (September 15 for international applicants)
- Summer Semester: April 1 (February 15 for international applicants)
Applications are considered complete and will be reviewed by the program committee for an admission decision once all of the following documents are received by The Graduate School:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- One official transcript from all previous academic institutions
- GMAT or GRE score*
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Online application and $65 fee
- TOEFL/IELTS for non-native English speakers
To request the GMAT waiver form for the MS in Accounting Program, email email@example.com prior to submitting your application.
*GMAT/GRE waivers are available for applicants who have:
- UNCG undergraduate degree with cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher earned within the past five years. An accounting undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher will also be considered (only ACC courses are considered in calculating the accounting GPA).
- At least five years of significant progressive professional work experience (may include military service) AND an undergraduate degree from at least a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher out of 4.0.
- Undergraduate degree earned at another institution within the past 5 years. Institution must be at least a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher out of 4.0 AND the school must be recommended by accounting faculty or staff and approved by the M.S. in Accounting Committee.
- Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS).
- A professional certification (e.g., CPA).
- An advanced degree (MA, MSc, etc.) from at least a regionally accredited institution which required an entrance exam such as GMAT with a minimum GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0, and a minimum of five years relevant professional work experience.
Please note – weaker performance in one area may be offset by particularly strong performance in another area. Students entering our program during the 2017-18 academic year had an average GMAT of 565 and average GPA of 3.49.
Request More Information
Craft the Perfect Personal Statement
Unsure about what to include in your personal statement? This document is an important part of your graduate school application.
To Whom It May Concern
Need assistance with letters of recommendation? Let’s break this down: Who do I ask? How do they submit?
If you still have questions regarding our MS in Accounting Program please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.