About Our Program
- We have the largest program in North Carolina in number of cross-campus courses offered.
- Our program has internationally known faculty and teaching award winners including NC Board of Governors Awards winners.
- NEW as of Fall 2019! THE COMPLETE PROGRAM CURRICULUM IS NOW OFFERED ONLINE – B.S. Entrepreneurship and minor for business and non-business students (classes are also available face-to-face).
- Graduates have started their own companies in employment services, clothing lines, guitars, food products, industrial services, and retail stores.
- Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Google, Volvo, and Berkshire-Hathaway Real Estate.
- Our program is the fastest growing major in the history of collegiate schools of business.
The Entrepreneurship major is now available online as well as face-to-face!
Winner of 7 International and National Awards including “Most Innovative Program in the U.S.” by the Deshpande Foundation
Largest number of cross-disciplinary courses to choose from in the state of North Carolina
Career Opportunities can cover a wide range of professions due to the fact that employers need creative and innovative employees. Starting and growing your own business also requires these qualities. An entrepreneur is someone who is creative and innovative in all they do that creates value.
Business Development Consultant
Family Business Owner/Successor
International Business Advisors and Managers
Management for Profit and Non-profits
New Product Development
Real Estate Broker
Self Employment in Creative Industry such as Art, Dance, Theater
Sales and Marketing Consultant
Sports Management Owners and Managers
STEM related ventures
Sustainable Business Venture Managers and Owners
Students will learn how to start or grow a business, and to be creative and innovative in any organization. Students are required for the major and recommended for the minor to complete an internship in entrepreneurship. A minor in entrepreneurship, which is open to all UNCG students (without the business core) is also available to combine this with their current major.
Creative industries entrepreneurship
Family business entrepreneurship
Innovation and technology entrepreneurship
Health care entrepreneurship
The Student Experience
- Provides the skill sets in entrepreneurship needed for your future.
- Emphasizes hands-on learning: many courses require an external project working directly with an entrepreneurial endeavor and/or other firms that require assistance in meeting the business challenges they face in today’s global market economy.
- A required capstone internship provides a real-world experience that sets this degree apart nationwide.
- Cross-listed courses allow students flexibility in applying credit toward major/s or a minor.
General Program of Study
|Credit Hours||# of Courses|
|General Education Core Courses
|Bryan School Pre-Admission Courses
|Common Business Core
|Total Credit Hours to graduate