One of the Fastest Growing Segments in the U.S. Economy …
Hospitality and Tourism represents one of the largest business sectors in the world economy!
Get a job anywhere in the world!
Opportunities in the travel & tourism industry are endless!
A degree that keeps Sustainability in mind!
Creating an awareness of critical environmental and social issues so that you can become an agent of positive change!
About Our Program
We strive to help you become a global citizen who can solve complex problems by using sustainable development tools and a triple-bottom line approach, which considers social, environmental, and financial factors. You’ll develop the skills to think innovatively and entrepreneurially, and to communicate effectively. You’ll also increase your global awareness through international experience, and engage in sustainability-focused tourism and hospitality courses, work experience, and community projects.
- 89% of students were employed within 3 months of graduation.
- Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Marriott International, the Walt Disney Company, Darden Restaurants, Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels, and Greensboro Convention & Visitor’s Bureau.
- Nearly 100% of students were employed within 6 months of graduation.
- Average salary: $43,250.
General Program of Study
|Credit Hours||# of Courses|
|General Education Core Courses
|Bryan School Pre-Admission Courses
|Bryan Business Core
|Total Credit Hours to graduate
Industry-recognized accreditations are available in some courses. While studying in the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program, students may earn certifications in the areas of:
- Food Service Safety
- Hotel Industry Analytics
- Responsible Alcohol Service
Internship and job placement are the focus! Students of our program have worked for many well-respected companies such as:
- The Walt Disney Company
- Marriott International
- Darden Restaurants
- Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
- Greensboro Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
HTM majors benefit in many ways from the program’s long-standing relationships within the Travel and Tourism Industry. Daly Seven Hotels regularly hires students in the major for their internship program. After graduation, many of these interns have gone on to take management roles within the organization.
An HTM degree can lead to a variety of fulfilling careers such as:
Hotel and Lodging Management
Meeting and Event Planner
Tour Guide or Consultant
Cruise Ship Management
Sales and Marketing Management
Leisure Activity Coordinator
Food and Beverage Manager
Wine Sales Representative
Wine and Beverage Manager
Tasting Room Manager
Private Club Manager
Theme Park Management
Tourism Destination Management
Visitors Bureau Management
Casino Operations Management
Corporate Travel Management
About the Industry
Interested in a career in the travel and tourism industry? Here are some quick facts regarding industry careers:
- Global Tourism Industry is the largest industry with a global economic contribution of US 7.6 Trillion.
- The Tourism & Hospitality Industry accounts for nearly 10% of global employment.
- In 2017, travel and tourism directly supported 118,454,000 jobs.