About Our Program
Marketing majors learn and apply skills that are critical to success in the marketplace. You learn material via coursework and then apply that knowledge in hands-on experiences, often working with client firms.
You will have the opportunity to engage in customer segmentation studies, develop a strategic marketing plan, design advertising or promotional plans for firms, and even close some sales if your plans are successful.
Internships are offered in marketing and sales. Students typically secure their own internship. They earn course credit while learning real-world skills, including B2B selling, online marketing and brand development. Students have completed semester-long internships at Gartner, Charles Aris, Fastenal, SFW, VF Corporation, and Volvo Trucks North America.
- Over 83% of our marketing students got a job BEFORE graduation.
- Recent graduates are working at Amazon, Oracle, American Airlines, Walt Disney World, WXII-12 News, Hyatt Hotels, and Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
Over 83% of our marketing students got a job BEFORE graduation.
Hands on Learning!
Students will complete projects for real companies in multiple courses.
Students can specialize in key marketing areas that organizations want.
“My marketing degree has truly prepared me for the real world. Creating a marketing plan gave me so much insight on the real world of marketing. The Bryan School does a great job in helping students prepare for the real world.”
– Lara Evans
How well a business succeeds depends greatly on customer research, communication style, marketing strategy, branding of products, and the use of marketing tools to maximum advantage to increase sales. Marketing and sales represent the revenue generating arm of a firm that determines its success and sustainability. Having such a direct effect on the success of an organization can be very satisfying and rewarding.
International Marketing Management
Social Media Specialist
Digital Marketing Management
Customer Relations Management
Sports Marketing Management
Customer Service Specialist
Small Business Management
The Student Experience
Drawing on the unique breadth of faculty members’ industry experiences, you will be taught the art and science of U.S. and global marketing through experiential and hands-on learning.
- Cutting-edge courses that arm our students with the right knowledge and skills for the modern business environment.
- Hands-on learning: Students complete projects for real companies in multiple courses, including Buyer Behavior, Market Research, Digital Marketing Analytics, Advanced Marketing Management, and International Marketing.
- Plenty of networking opportunities with employers through student organizations (e.g., American Marketing Association Student Group, North Carolina Sales Institute Business Student Group)
The marketing program at UNCG is designed to prepare students for careers in a variety of marketing and sales positions. By the strategic use of electives, students can specialize in key marketing areas that organizations want. Students can specialize in the following fields:
- Professional Selling
- Social Media Marketing
General Program of Study
|Credit Hours||# of Courses|
|General Education Core Courses
|Bryan School Pre-Admission Courses
|Common Business Core||41 hours||15|
|Total Credit Hours to graduate