Beta Gamma Sigma
Mission of the Society
The mission of the Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business and personal and professional excellence in the practice of business.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in an undergraduate or master’s program at a school accredited by AACSB-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. With the expansion of AACSB accreditation internationally, membership is no longer limited to those who have studied in the U.S. or Canada.
Of the 1,400 U.S. institutions with degree programs in business, fewer than 600 are accredited by AACSB and have chapters of Beta Gamma Sigma.
While almost 300,000 students receive baccalaureate or master’s degrees in business each year, only about 16,000 students are elected to membership in Beta Gamma Sigma.
To be eligible for membership, the academic ranking of those being considered must place them in the:
- Upper 10 percent of the second-semester sophomore class with GPA greater than 3.9;
- Upper 10 percent of the junior class with GPA greater than 3.8;
- Upper 10 percent of the senior class with GPA greater than 3.7;
- Upper 20 percent of the graduating master’s class with GPA greater than 3.8.
Beta Gamma Sigma Board 2019-2020
- Student President – Ms. Mackenzie Winslow
- Vice President – Ms. Kayleigh Willis
- Executive Board Member – Ms. Cameron Warren
- President – Dr. Merlyn Griffiths
- Secretary/Treasurer/Advisor – Ms. Tuisha Fernandes Stack
Beta Gamma Sigma Recognition Ceremony for Spring 2019
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Elliot University Center Auditorium
5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Tuisha Stack
- Mackenzie Winslow, Student President