What is Sustainability?
Sustainability is the enduring interconnectedness of social equity, the environment, economy, and aesthetics. This interconnectedness provides a foundation from which to discover, implement, and enrich sustainable principles and practice. The intent of sustainability is to instill values that promote justice, invent innovative approaches and solutions to environmental and economic challenges, and instill civility and grace into our communities.
Sustainability: The Key to Future Growth
Tuesday, October 22 – UNCG Elliott University Center
2–4 pm: Presentation and Panel in EUC Auditorium, Reception to follow in Cone Ballroom C
Join The NPD Group’s Chief Industry Advisor Marshal Cohen and a panel of top industry experts for an exploration the role of sustainability in retail today throughout North America. This mini journey evaluates the impact of sustainability on the retail industry now and in the future by identifying challenges and opportunities created by the changing retail and consumer landscape.
*CARS students, bring your student ID for extra credit.
About the Collaboratory:
The Virtual Collaboratory was made possible by a grant from the VF Foundation. The Collaboratory is guided by a task force consisting of faculty from the Bryan School.
The goals of the Collaboratory are:
- To foster a mindset of sustainable problem-solving among Bryan School students
- To encourage scholarly collaboration among faculty across departments and programs in the Bryan School
- To support faculty efforts to develop innovative approaches to sustainable business practices
- To elevate the sustainability profile of the Bryan School and its six academic departments
- To forge new partnerships with business and industry through a focus on sustainability
Special thanks to the VF Foundation for their support of this initiative.