7 Questions With a Spartan
BS Computer Information Systems and Operations Management ’15
Business Analyst II, Insurance Industry
1. What do you love most about your job?
2. What’s exciting about the future of your industry/position?
Being a part of the different changes within the organization that will improve how we work and becoming more efficient over time.
3. What do you personally find most challenging as a professional?
Communicating with different people from all backgrounds with certain skill sets.
4. What is something you did (or wish you had done) in college to prepare for this position?
I wish I would have taken advantage of more technical courses during my time in college.
5. What additional trainings, certifications, professional organization members, etc. have helped you professionally?
Receiving my scrum master certification.
6. What should students interested in entering your field know?
Interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills.
7. What resources – books, blogs, websites, podcasts, etc. – would you recommend for someone interested in your field or in a position like yours?
W3Schools, SQL for Dummies, take advantage of the learning resources that are available on the job.