Introducing the 2022 Bryan School Professional Development Conference!
Exclusive to Bryan majors (undergraduate and graduate students), this in-person conference is focused entirely on your professional development. This brand new, day-long event is designed to equip you with tools for career success so you can impress companies and organizations looking to hire UNCG Bryan School students and make an immediate impact!
Join us Wednesday, September 21 in-person for a full day of information and opportunity – just for you!
The first part of the day will feature two different tracks of sessions with speakers who are experts in their field and currently hold high-ranking positions at companies. Please note the location and time of each session. Check-in will occur outside of each room 10 minutes before the start of the next session.
Location: Elliott University Center
|Time||EUC – Kirkland Room||EUC Auditorium|
|9 – 9:50 a.m.||Leading vs. Managing||Launch Your Side Hustle|
|10 – 10:50 a.m.||Unlock Your Influencing Skills||5 Ways to Network Your Way Into a Dream Career|
|11 – 11:50 a.m.||Making Career Moves||The Art of the Humble Brag|
|12 – 12:50 p.m.||Leading with Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging in Mind||Meet the Presidents: Bryan School Student Orgs|
|1 – 1:50 p.m.||Creating an Authentic Team Culture||Building a Bold Brand|
|2 – 2:50 p.m.||How to Present Like a Pro||Decoding the Job Description|
What do you get for attending?
- Multiple chances to win the raffle. Every conference session you check in gets you an entry into the raffle for 1 of 4 great prizes! You also get 1 entry for visiting the Career Accelerator Expo and 1 for visiting the Company Mixer. The Career Accelerator Expo even has its own additional raffle! Make sure to bring your UNCG student ID to check in at every room and session.
- Earn class credit. BUS 115 & 215 students are required to attend different portions of the day and some instructors may be offering extra credit. Ask to find out!
- Get points for Bryan Gold. Just scan the code at each session, at the Career Accelerator Expo, and at the Company Mixer using the Suitable app to earn points.
Are you career ready?
The Career Accelerator Expo is your one-stop-shop for anything you need for your personal and professional development. With the UNCG Fall Virtual Career Fair coming up on Sept. 28, this is a great opportunity to brush up on some important things to make a great first impression. There will be free headshots, resume reviews, networking practice, and much more! Every attendee gets a ticket to the Career Expo Raffle, plus an additional ticket for each station they visit! Make sure you check out all of the stations to get extra tickets for the raffle! This is in addition to the overall conference raffle and winners don’t have to be present.
Location: EUC, Alexander Room
- Station 1 – CPD welcome & Career Accelerator Expo info
- Stations 2 & 3 – Resume reviews
- Station 4 – Career Fair info & registration
- Station 5 – “Knot a Tie!?” Learn how to tie a tie
- Station 6 – Networking practice with free food
- Station 7 (EUC, Willow Room) – Free professional headshots. Make sure to dress professionally!
We will cap off the day with a Company Mixer featuring over 40 different companies and organizations that want to meet you! Join us for this informal meet and greet where students can get face time with employers who are ready to learn more about you, talk about their professional experiences, and discuss opportunities at their company.
The attire for the event will be business casual. Be prepared to talk about who you are and what you want to accomplish in your career. If there are specific companies you want to meet (listed below), you are encouraged to do some research on their website ahead of time.
Make sure to visit the Career Accelerator Expo during the day (EUC Alexander Room, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.) for tips and tricks on how to mingle with company representatives at the Company Mixer later that evening.
Location: EUC, Cone Ballroom
Check out the companies and organizations coming to see you!
107.5 KZL (Dick Broadcasting) Labcorp Reynolds American Inc.
Best Logistics Group
GuilfordWorks; Guilford County Workforce Development Board
Lincoln Financial Group
MassMutual Carolinas / Pelora Group
NC Office of State Human Resources
State Employees Credit Union
Triad TQL (Total Quality Logistics)
US Department of Commerce
WGHP – Fox 8
107.5 KZL (Dick Broadcasting)
Reynolds American Inc.