Bachelor’s to MS In Retail Studies
Accelerated Masters Program
On Campus and Online Options
Accelerate Your Studies
While enrolled as an undergraduate student, you can begin taking graduate-level classes. You’ll be prepared to enter the workforce with an advanced degree more quickly.
Your graduate courses will count as electives towards your undergraduate degree. Most AMP students take between six to 12 hours of graduate courses while enrolled as an undergraduate. That means you can complete your master’s degree in as little as 12 to 18 months after receiving your bachelor’s degree! Once fully admitted into the master’s program, graduate tuition costs including differential tuition fees will apply.
Earning both your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Consumer, Apparel, and Retail studies will help you build relevant, marketable skills that will make you stand out in a competitive job market.
Download a Factsheet
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a BS in Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Studies.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 based on at least 30 hours earned at UNCG is required.
- Have earned at least 60 credit hours.
Courses Approved for CARS AMP
- CRS 605 – Retail Data Analytics (3 Hours, Spring Only)
- CRS 620 – Analysis of Apparel and Related Industries (3 Hours, Fall Only)
- CRS 682 – Graduate Seminar in CARS (3 Hours, Fall Only)
- RCS 560 – Advanced Retail Buying and Merchandising (3 Hours, Fall Only)
- RCS 584 – Advanced Retail Analysis (3 Hours, Spring Only)
- RCS 662 – Behavior of Soft Lines Consumers (3 Hours, Fall Only)
Your Next Steps
- Speak with an undergraduate advisor to determine how graduate coursework can meet the requirements of your undergraduate degree. Approved graduate coursework taken as an undergraduate student can count towards both your Bachelor’s degree and the Master of Science in Retail Studies degree.
- Meet with the MSRS AMP program advisor to discuss the program, review graduate coursework options, and determine your target enrollment term.
- Work with a graduate program recruiter to prepare and submit the online graduate program application.
- Once admitted to the program, you can begin registering for approved graduate-level coursework.
To maximize the program benefits, complete steps 1-4 as early as the second semester of your sophomore year.
Meet Our Graduate Ambassadors
Graduate Student Ambassadors participate weekly in Bryan School graduate connection events and serve to represent the School’s six master’s programs.
UNCG has been named both Best for Vets and a Military Friendly School. We’re a Yellow Ribbon Program participant, and are proud to offer a variety of benefits for veterans, active-duty military, and military-affiliated students, such as:
- Online application fee waiver for active-duty service members
- In-state tuition for out-of-state students (in accordance with the Veterans Choice Act)
- Credit for relevant military service/training
- Tutoring assistance
For more information on UNCG Military-Affiliated services and benefits, visit military.uncg.edu.
COME CHAT WITH US!
If you still have questions regarding our accelerated master’s program please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.