Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Business Economics
Managerial economics for your next promotion
- What impact will a trade war have on your business?
- What will happen to your business when the stock market experiences volatility… or in a recession?
Are you interested in making connections between economic factors? Develop broad perspectives on the use of economics in evaluating business decision making. The quantitative business economics certificate delivers high-demand skills such as time series and forecasting, managerial economics, policy evaluation, and the ability to develop and evaluate the models used for stress testing.
Download a Factsheet
All coursework is transferrable to the MA in Applied Economics program.
ECO 625 Data Methods in Economics (Fall Term, 3 credits)
Explore advanced techniques in data preparation. Topics include data formats, error checking, merging data, large data sets, and missing observations. Students work extensively with SAS software.
ECO 663 Predictive Data Mining (Fall Term, 3 credits)
Students develop a working knowledge of statistical tools important to the emerging and practically-relevant field for predictive data mining and the discovery of patterns in big data sets.
ECO 657 Managerial Economics (Spring Term, 3 credits)
This course explores economic analysis of markets, and government intervention that addresses the sustainability of fiscal, monetary and exchange rate policy and their short-run and long-run impact on the global environment.
ECO 664 Time Series and Forecasting (Spring Term, 3 credits)
Students learn to analyze and forecast time series data. Topics include stochastic linear difference equations, tests for trends and stationarity, and ARIMA modeling. Application to economic data emphasized.
The Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Business Economics program welcomes a variety of applicants, whether they come to us with years of professional experience or have just recently earned an undergraduate degree — business or otherwise.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) from an accredited institution
- For U.S. degrees, one official transcript from all previous academic institutions.
- For international degrees, a course-by-course evaluation from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®) service, showing proof of U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency, credit hours and GPA.
- Statement of purpose
- Online application and $65 fee
- Evidence of English language proficiency (for non-native English speakers)
Need some help?
Download the Bryan School Application Guide.
International students should reference the Graduate School’s Application Guide for transcript and language proficiency details.
Estimated Program Costs
These estimated program costs include tuition and fees based on the 2023-2024 Graduate Tuition and Fee Schedule and do not include the cost of housing, textbooks, or student health insurance. Visit csh.uncg.edu for more detailed information. Tuition and fees vary depending on the program track pursued and the number of credit hours taken each semester.
|Estimated Program Cost
|Per Credit Hour
|Assumes 12 credit hours of part-time study for 1 year.
The Outside-of-NC rate applies to students located outside of the state taking online classes. The Out-of-State rate applies to students taking classes while located within the state, but are not residents of NC (determined by the Residency Determination Service).
- If you plan to pursue a master’s, your certificate may count toward the MA in Applied Economics requirements. Plus, GMAT/GRE admission requirements for the master’s program may be waived with this completed graduate certificate.
- This program prepares you for a variety of positions, including: senior data analyst, financial analyst, benefits analyst, project manager, marketing analyst, investment associate, research analyst, IT business analyst, internal auditor, and economic forecaster.
Meet Our Graduate Ambassadors
Graduate Student Ambassadors participate weekly in Bryan School graduate connection events and serve to represent the School’s six master’s programs.
UNCG has been named both Best for Vets and a Military Friendly School. We’re a Yellow Ribbon Program participant, and are proud to offer a variety of benefits for veterans, active-duty military, and military-affiliated students, such as:
- Online application fee waiver for active-duty service members
- In-state tuition for out-of-state students (in accordance with the Veterans Choice Act)
- Credit for relevant military service/training
- Tutoring assistance
For more information on UNCG Military-Affiliated services and benefits, visit military.uncg.edu.
COME CHAT WITH US!
If you still have questions regarding one of our graduate certificate programs please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.