Enhance Your Expertise
The graduate certificate in taxation provides an in-depth study of accounting taxation for professionals with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. The program consists of 12 credit hours and can be completed online or on campus.
The graduate certificate in taxation is a perfect fit for accounting professionals seeking to build new skills or those in need of additional credit hours to qualify to sit for the CPA exam. Increase your expertise in this high-demand specialty.
Online programs offer the flexibility to complete your studies while working full time. Study when your schedule allows.
Download a Factsheet
All coursework is transferrable to the MS in Accounting program.
3 credit hours each
- ACC 651 Introduction to Business Entity Taxation1
You may choose 3 courses from the following:
- ACC 652 Taxation of Estates, Gifts and Trusts
- ACC 655 Taxation of Corporations and Shareholders
- ACC 656 Taxation of Flow-Through Business Entities
- ACC 688 Advanced Business Law
1 ACC 602-Federal Tax Concepts may be required for students that have not previously completed an equivalent course.
2 ACC 613-Directed Studies in Accounting may be taken as an elective course when appropriate and if approved by the MSA Program Director and course instructor.
The Graduate Certificate in Taxation program welcomes a variety of applicants, whether they come to us with years of professional experience or have just recently earned an undergraduate degree — business or otherwise.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) from an accredited institution
- For U.S. degrees, one official transcript from all previous academic institutions.
- For international degrees, a course-by-course evaluation from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®) service, showing proof of U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency, credit hours and GPA.
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Online application and $65 fee
- Evidence of English language proficiency (for non-native English speakers)
Need some help?
Download the Bryan School Application Guide.
International students should reference the Graduate School’s Application Guide for transcript and language proficiency details.
Estimated Program Costs
These estimated program costs include tuition and fees based on the 2023-2024 Graduate Tuition and Fee Schedule and do not include the cost of housing, textbooks, or student health insurance. Visit csh.uncg.edu for more detailed information. Tuition and fees vary depending on the program track pursued and the number of credit hours taken each semester.
(with Online Options)
|Per Credit Hour
|Per Credit Hour
|Assumes 12 credit hours of part-time study for 1 year.
The Outside-of-NC rate applies to students located outside of the state taking online classes. The Out-of-State rate applies to students taking classes while located within the state, but are not residents of NC (determined by the Residency Determination Service).
- Students pursuing this certificate will gain skills in specialized taxation accounting.
- As a Bryan School student, you will have access to our dedicated Graduate Student Career and Professional Development Specialist who is ready to help you develop your professional self. Whether it’s mock interviews, resume revisions, internship searches, or one-on-one career coaching, our specialist is here to focus on the specific needs and professional goals of our Bryan School graduate students.
- The Bryan School and UNCG have several student organizations offering social, educational, volunteer, and professional development activities. Student organizations are a great way to get involved with the campus and local communities, add to your resume, and build a stronger network. These organizations allow you to network with fellow students and community leaders, pursue new interests, and build leadership and career skills.
Meet Our Graduate Ambassadors
Graduate Student Ambassadors participate weekly in Bryan School graduate connection events and serve to represent the School’s six master’s programs.
UNCG has been named both Best for Vets and a Military Friendly School. We’re a Yellow Ribbon Program participant, and are proud to offer a variety of benefits for veterans, active-duty military, and military-affiliated students, such as:
- Online application fee waiver for active-duty service members
- In-state tuition for out-of-state students (in accordance with the Veterans Choice Act)
- Credit for relevant military service/training
- Tutoring assistance
For more information on UNCG Military-Affiliated services and benefits, visit military.uncg.edu.
COME CHAT WITH US!
If you still have questions regarding one of our graduate certificate programs please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.