Marketing students concentrating in Strategic Marketing are provided a great value for their future careers. There is a strong job growth for individuals with a marketing degree, including health care marketing (an expected growth of 28.2% in the next five years), education and training marketing (an expected growth of 26.4% in the next five years), and accommodation and food services marketing (an expected growth of 21% in the next five years). Strategic marketing is essential to all types of business – from independent and small businesses to global companies.
- Required courses cover crucial topics, including international marketing, advanced marketing management, market research, and buyer behavior. These diverse topics are designed to nurture global mindsets, strategic thinking, research skills, and insights about consumers/business buyers.
- Accreditations include SACS and AACSB. Only 1% of business schools worldwide share the Bryan School’s dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting.
- The Bryan School’s Marketing, B.S., as well as its concentrations in Strategic Marketing, Professional Selling, and Social Media Marketing, are offered on campus as well as online.
The Student Experience
- The Bryan School offers a hands-on learning experience. You will complete projects for real companies in multiple courses, including Buyer Behavior, Market Research, Digital Marketing Analytics, Advanced Marketing Management, and International Marketing.
- Events such as Company Spotlights introduce you to the local business community and provide an overview of available internship and employment prospects.
- There are plenty of other networking opportunities with employers through student organizations such as the American Marketing Association and North Carolina Sales Institute Business.
- Other student clubs include Alpha Kappa Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, the National Millennial Community, Spartan Investment Club, and THREADS.
Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Amazon, McKinsey, Volvo, and American Airlines. Job opportunities for Strategic Marketing graduates can include:
- Marketing Management
- Business Consultant
- Database Marketing Management
- Market Researcher/Analyst
- Retail Store Management
- Purchasing Management