Accelerate your career without the commitment of an MBA
The Graduate Certificate focuses on four foundational business courses taught by our nationally-recognized MBA faculty. The Certificate is tailored to those who are not ready to commit to pursuing an MBA, those without an undergraduate degree in business, and those who have been out of school for a few years. Add value on the job today with what you learned in our Certificate program last night. Should you choose to pursue your MBA later, you can apply these credits.
This 12-credit hour certificate can be completed in as little as two semesters (either fall/spring or spring/fall) of part-time study. All classes are scheduled in the evenings between Monday through Thursday from 6:30 pm to 9:20 pm at the UNCG campus.
What You’ll Learn
Certificate students enroll in the same semester-long classes as UNCG MBA students. The following four courses are required to complete the Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations:
- MBA 701 – Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 702 – Financial and Managerial Accounting
- MBA 703 – Economic Policies and Impact on Global Outcomes
- MBA 716 – Leadership and Sustainable Business
Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees vary depending on the number of credit hours taken per semester. Based on the tuition and fees for the 2016-2017 academic year, the total cost for a North Carolina resident who takes six credit hours of MBA courses per semester is approximately $7,455.
The application deadlines are July 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring.
- Completed Graduate School application and $65 application fee
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent
- Official GMAT or GRE score
- 500-1000 word personal essay about your career and educational goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Additional material, such as TOEFL or IELTS, may be required
Apply Now Gainful Employment Required Disclosure Information