Accelerate your career without the commitment of an MBA
The Graduate Certificate focuses on four foundational business courses taught by our nationally-recognized MBA faculty. The Certificate is tailored to those who are not ready to commit to pursuing an MBA, those without an undergraduate degree in business, and those who have been out of school for a few years. Add value on the job today with what you learned in our Certificate program last night. Should you choose to pursue your MBA later, you can apply these credits.
This 12-credit hour certificate can be completed in as little as two semesters (either fall/spring or spring/fall) of part-time study.
Request More Information
What You'll Learn
Certificate students enroll in the same semester-long classes as UNCG MBA students. They choose four courses (12 credits) from the following options to complete the Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations:
- MBA 701 – Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 702 – Financial and Managerial Accounting
- MBA 703 – Economic Policies and Impact on Global Outcomes
- MBA 716 – Leadership and Sustainable Business
- MBA 717 – Innovation
- MBA 718 – Global Business in Practice
To apply, all you need to do is complete the application and include three letters of support, a statement of interest, and transcripts from your undergraduate institution(s).
- Fall Admission
- June 15
- Spring Admission
- November 15
- 60-Second Video Interview introducing yourself
- Application fee
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent)
- Completed Online Application
- One official transcript from each educational institution
- Personal Statement (prompt available in the online application)
- Three Letters of Recommendation from Academic and/or Professional References
Students entering our program typically have a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
Average Cost of Tuition & Fees
If you still have questions regarding our Business Foundations Graduate Certificate please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.