MA In Applied Economics
Non economics majors are welcome to apply. Admission to the MA in Applied Economics program requires an earned Bachelors degree from an accredited institution plus any one of the following:
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on your bachelor’s transcript
- Acceptable GMAT or GRE test scores
- An earned graduate certificate in an economic topic earned from UNC Greensboro
|March 1 (Priority Deadline), May 15 (Final Deadline)
Early application (at least one month in advance) is strongly encouraged for international applicants.
Applications submitted and completed by the priority deadline will receive:
- Priority consideration for scholarship and financial aid opportunities,
- Advanced access to graduate program advising and course selection, and
- An invitation to the Accepted Student Reception.
Download a Factsheet
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) from an accredited institution
- For U.S. degrees, one official transcript from all previous academic institutions.
- For international degrees, a course-by-course evaluation from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®) service, showing proof of U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency, credit hours and GPA.
- Personal statement
- GMAT or GRE test score*
- Three letters of recommendation
- Online application and $65 fee
- Evidence of English language proficiency (for non-native English speakers)
*GMAT or GRE test scores may be waived if you meet waiver eligibility criteria. Read on for details.
Need some help?
Download the Bryan School Application Guide.
International students should reference the Graduate School’s Application Guide for transcript and language proficiency details.
The GRE/GMAT test score admission requirement may be waived if you meet either ONE of the criteria listed below. Waivers are requested through your online application.
- Transcripts include an earned graduate certificate in an economic topic conferred from UNC Greensboro.
- Applicant has at least a 3.0 (out of 4.0) overall bachelor’s degree GPA from an institution accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Higher Learning Commission (HLC), Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), or WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
COME CHAT WITH US!
If you still have questions regarding our MA in Applied Economics program please reach out to our graduate recruitment team by phone or email. You may also schedule a time to meet with one of our recruiters or attend one of our upcoming information sessions.