On Campus and Online Options
Ignite Your Entrepreneurial Journey
- We have the largest program in North Carolina in number of cross-campus courses offered.
- Our program has internationally known faculty and teaching award winners including NC Board of Governors Awards winners.
- The complete program curriculum is offered online as well as face-to-face! (B.S. Entrepreneurship and minor for business and non-business students)
- Graduates have started their own companies in employment services, clothing lines, guitars, food products, industrial services, and retail stores.
- Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Google, Volvo, and Berkshire-Hathaway Real Estate.
The Entrepreneurship major is available online as well as face-to-face!
Winner of 7 International and National Awards including “Most Innovative Program in the U.S.” by the Deshpande Foundation
Largest number of cross-disciplinary courses to choose from in the state of North Carolina
Ready to begin?
Find your Way here.
General Program of Study
|# of Courses
|General Education Core Courses
|Bryan School Pre-Admission Courses
|Common Business Core
|Total Credit Hours to graduate
Students will learn how to start or grow a business, and to be creative and innovative in any organization. Students are required for the major and recommended for the minor to complete an internship in entrepreneurship. A minor in entrepreneurship, which is open to all UNCG students (without the business core) is also available to combine this with their current major.
- Creative industries
- Family business
- Innovation and technology
- Arts administration
- Health care
- Entrepreneurship education
The Student Experience
- Provides the skill sets in entrepreneurship needed for your future.
- Emphasizes hands-on learning: many courses require an external project working directly with an entrepreneurial endeavor and/or other firms that require assistance in meeting the business challenges they face in today’s global market economy.
- A required capstone internship provides a real-world experience that sets this degree apart nationwide.
- Cross-listed courses allow students flexibility in applying credit toward major/s or a minor.
Career Opportunities can cover a wide range of professions due to the fact that employers need creative and innovative employees. Starting and growing your own business also requires these qualities. An entrepreneur is someone who is creative and innovative in all they do that creates value.
- Business Analyst
- Business Owner/Manager
- Business Advisor/Consultant
- Business Development Consultant
- Family Business Owner/Successor
- Franchise Owner/Manager
- International Business Advisors and Managers
- Management for Profit and Non-profits
- New Product Development
- Real Estate Broker
- Self Employment in Creative Industry such as Art, Dance, Theater
- Social Entrepreneur
- Sales and Marketing Consultant
- Sports Management Owners and Managers
- STEM related ventures
- Sustainable Business Venture Managers and Owners
UNCG has been named both Best for Vets and a Military Friendly School. We’re a Yellow Ribbon Program participant, and are proud to offer a variety of benefits for veterans, active-duty military, and military-affiliated students, such as:
- Online application fee waiver for active-duty service members
- In-state tuition for out-of-state students (in accordance with the Veterans Choice Act)
- Credit for relevant military service/training
- Tutoring assistance
For more information on UNCG Military-Affiliated services and benefits, visit military.uncg.edu.
If you have any questions regarding our entrepreneurship program please feel free to reach out to Dr. Dianne Welsh ([email protected]). Or, if you are interested in studying online, you may reach out directly to [email protected].